Sunday, January 22, 2017

Citrus Twist Kits | Happy New Year!

Hello everyone!

I'm here today to inspire you with a layout and a sketch! You'll find the sketch on the Citrus Twist Kits blog! And you'll also find all the details to play along with me and maybe win a prize!!!

So here's a layout about how we celebrated the New year:


I used a vanilla cardstock as my base. I already had this discussion with my friend Tracie Claiborne about white backgrounds, if white goes with anything. Well, here, for this page and these photos, it was looking way way way better with an off white creams background! And that even if there's a lot of white in my pictures!!



For my title I used this large sticker word "delight" and I added lots of details around it. The title read: Hello 2017, delight & a bit of magic. :)


I could fit my journaling right in there, between the photo and the title. And I added a label down there for the date.


I stamped a little bit too, on the page and on the label. It adds some texture and interest. Love the stitching on the label.


I also sticked around the patterned paper and I added lots of bits and pieces around this photo. I didn't fill the space under the photo. It gives a nice place for the eye to rest.


I really love the pictures I found. Everybody was happy clinging their glasses and I was just snapping away and I feel like even though I was taking pictures in addition to try and connect and celebrate with my family, I was very mindful of the moment and I'm so happy that I now have nice and natural photos of happy people. The photo sizes are 4x6, 4x4 and 3x4. The small one on the top is pretty small, but I could put it in evidence by printing it with a white frame. I really prefer these real life action photos which are ALWAYS imperfect to the posed and perfect photos. But that's just me and my own style. :)

Thanks for being here, friends, all catch you again real soon!!

Marie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello from your old Realtor in NC! Wow, what a surprise it was to learn that you and your sweet family are now living in Prague! From your photos, it looks like you all have settled in nicely. Arielle and Maya are certainly growing up! Please give Patrick my best. Hope you all have a joyful and healthy 2017! ~ Beth Wylie