Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Get it Scrapped - Holiday Decoration

Hi everyone!

Lately I've been playing a whole lot with my Silhouette Cameo and I'm learning to love it more and more each day. I mean, this "thing" is just amazing and if you think about it (or ask Pinterest), you'll find many many ways to use it!!

Today I would like to show you 3 ornaments I made for my Christmas tree, using my Silhouette Cameo. I made them for an assignment for Get it Scrapped and I'm really happy I did because honestly,  I would have never done it haven't it been for an assignment! ;)




For this one I used a recent picture of us 4 and I die cut a frame from Wilna Furstenberg with my Silhouette Cameo. You can't see it on the picture but I added a small label on the photo and I stamped the date on it. It was very easy to twist the photo a little and have it fit in the glass ornament. I added some fake snow and some small golden jingle bells.


For this ornament, I cut a snowflake shape in some golden foil cardstock and I adhered it to a transparency that i had cut in the shape of the ornament. Actually, I first used a transparency that was really sturdy and I couldn't fit the snowflake in the glass globe so I decided to adhere it to a ziploc bag that i had cut into shape. It worked wonderfully!


Here i did exactly the same, except that i cut out the shape in black cardstock instead of gold foil cardstock. If you do this project, you dan't want to forget the transparency/ziploc bad shape because it's what hold the shape in place. In the first ornament, the one with our photo, I haven,t used a transparency piece and it just does,t stay in place. It falls back.

Have you made ornaments or crafts yourself this year? If so, I'd love to learn about it. Leave me a message with a link where to go. :)

Talk to you soon!
Marie-Pierre

1 comment:

Nounette said...

Très réussi!!! Pour ma part, je suis tellement en retard pour les cadeaux à fabriquer que je n'ai pas le temps de faire des décos pour moi. J'en ferai tout de même pour ma table de noël...
Bises!