Today I have something special to share with you. :)
For the first time, I made a layout with a kit that was made for digital scrapbooking. The kit is from Peppermint Granberg and is called Crazy for you. It's a BEAUTIFUL kit, right up my alley with it's fresh and yet soft colors and with all it's fun embellishments. I loved working with it.
Here's my page and what I have done:
1. I printed the stars directly on my 12x12 canvas.
2. I printed all the elements on white cardstock.
3. I transformed the title into a .png file and had it cut by my Silhouette. I than traced the word by hand.
4. I reversed the colors on that little strip "once in a" which is originally black on white.
I also changed the size of certain elements, like the hearts.
5. I printed some strips of patterned paper onto vellum which now look like custom washi tape. Woohoo for that!
Finally, and this is not a digital thing, I layered layered layered and I gave some texture to the sides of my papers and elements. That's one thing I brought back in my head from CHA: texture and dimension on a page looks SO good!
Last but not least, I paired this beautiful kit with a picture of the one and only and oh so lovely Heidi Swapp, so I was sure my page would be more than awesome! ;)
Thanks for looking and if you want to have more ideas on how you can use a digital kit on you paper layouts, go take a look at the Get it Scrapped blog today! :)