Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Arielle's scrapbook

Hi everyone! :)

Today I have something truly beautiful to show you.
It's my 5 year old's scrapbook.

Last week I was listening to the Paperclipping Roundtable and they were discussing the question: is scrapbooking dead? If you haven't listen to it yet, I highly recommend it. It was full of thoughts and inspiration.

One idea that stuck with me after I finished listening to the show was one brought up by Izzy (he's the producer of the show, and he's also the husband of a scrapbooker - that explains a lot! haha!!). He said that in order to keep the scrapbooking hobby alive, we should teach our kids to scrapbook and start them early. True. As he said, kids are open, and creative, and it's all about themselves at that age so it's really a good idea. So the next day I went to my local scrapbooking store (it's closing its doors this Friday! Sad!!) and I bought both Arielle and Maya an album. Arielle got a pink 8x8 album from We R Memory Keepers and Maya got a blue 6x6 album from American Crafts.

In addition to that, I made a major clean up of my papers a couple of weeks ago and the girls got lots of papers. (Unfortunately, lots of them are brown and olive green…. I'll have to fix that!) I also put in their stash some speech bubbles that I had die cut with Silhouette and that I thought I wouldn't use.

Well, last night, I discovered a nice surprise on Arielle's desk. Her scrapbook! Filled with three pages already! She's been more productive than me apparently! And I was so impressed with what she did (She had only one photo and she can write just so little). So here I wanted to show you the results. Remember, she is 5!


This letter A is a remnant of a package of letters she got on her birthday in June. The picture is one I that was laying around on my table and that I gave her for her scrapbook. She made the drawing of the little girl herself and wrote Matilda (heart) Arielle Papa (heart) Maman. Matilda it's a new friend she made Saturday. It's her new best friend. The small drawing on the right page was made by Matilda.


Here she drew Matilda and she added a speech bubble in which she wrote: Arielle. I think it is so so cute!! I took of picture of the 2 of them together and I told Arielle she could put it in her scrapbook. So I just have to print it and voilà, her new friendship is documented. She is 5! Did I mention that?! ;)

I am really impressed. And for me, this is the proof that when I scrapbook, I make it way too complicated! But that's another story… lol

Ok guys!!
Talk to you soon!!

Marie-Pierre


No comments: