Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Vintage

Hi guys!
I have a page that was just published over at Get it Scrapoed and here are the details. :)

The assignment was to make a page with a vintage style.
I decided to make the page I wanted to do since a long time, a page about the school I went to when I was 9-10 years old. 


Lots of goodies to look at! Including a photo of my school, taken last summer. I made a trip to my hometown only to take pictures of the neighborhood I grew up in. 


When I drove by, a wave of emotions came up to my head and to my heart. You know, the memories you have when you are 9 years old....well, I didn't have the address of the old house in which we had our school and I recognized it.... white walls, green window panes. Yes, it's here! :)


Here's my little text. I have a couple of different stories here.....


I used Heidi Swapp's Polaroid frame. Can never have enough of those!! Heidi Swapp's rub-ons as well. Love them!! And right behing the picture of the house is an envelope I got when I was about 9-10 years old. I had won a drawing and a writing contest and the mayor had sent me a letter. You can see my old address there. I find it so very cool! I let the opening of the envelop free of glue and embellishments so that I can pull out the letter if I ever want to read it. :)


The background is a sheet of canvas. I stitched all around as I often do with cardstock. Somehow it's even cooler to sew on canvas. ;)


To the left of my picture (it's an original, from my memory box!!) I tucked some stickers that I had in my stickers collection. Yes, the whole real deal here!! Doesn't get more vintage than that!! :)


Behind the stickers is a small pocket in which I tucked a canvas ATC (Artist trading card) from 7Gypsies I believe. And on each side of the card I adhered the pictures of two of my best friends in the school.




This is the reverse side.


That's the top of the envelop I was telling you about. You can see a little corner of the letter that is still in there. :)



Together with the old and new pictures and the old and new ephemera, I mixed some pattern paper that are very soft, and that have a school feel, like the paper with the letters.
At the end, I'm left with a beautiful page, very full of eye candies and full of memories! I wasn't sure about using the original photos but I can't tell you how happy I am to now have something as precious in my scrapbook! :)

Talk to you soon!!
Marie-Pierre

1 comment:

Marie said...

C'est une super page effectivement ! J'aime beaucoup le fait qu'elle soit si "authentique" ! Et la photo de toi petite est superbe !
J'ai aussi hâte de découvrir la suite de ton PL !
Bisous !