Monday, February 4, 2013

Maya is talking!!

Hey guys!!
I'd like to show you a page, one of my favorite(!), that was published a little while ago at Getitscrapped.
It's about Maya who is finally beginning to talk!! yay!! :)



Notice how I used 3 pictures of the exact same size and made one of them the focal point of the page by framing it and adding a small tag.

Here are some detail shots:
my focal point. I used a polaroid-like frame and I added a small tag and heart on which I wrote a kind of under title.


My title is made of 2 different letter types. When you want to do this, you should use two very different types! Notice here how "Maya" is written all caps in a sans serif font and the "parle" is written in a cursive font? I cut out the word "parle" with my Silhouette and I adhered it over the Maya and the frame with some foam adhesive. Making it overlap the frame and the "Maya" part of the title ties everything together even though every thing is so different.


I've cut out the speech bubbles with my silhouette and I backed them with some patter paper. That's very trendy at the moment. :)


Another speech bubble back up with pattern paper.


Next to my focal point picture, there where some small spaces so I decided to use that and filled them with small embellishments. To make these, I first stamped the hearts in different shades of pink. I embossed some of them with some dazzling diamond embossing powder and I then sewed all around in black and in red, being deliberately not precise. On three of the 6 hearts I added a small embellishment (stamping, a brad and a tag, a button).


If you look at my page closely, you'll see 2 columns. I closed the left one with a row of little ladies holding hands. Yes, cut with the Silhouette. and sewed over. :)



Here is the journaling which is basically everything she is saying at the moment:


To achieve a soft look, I used only 3 colors for my page: white, kraft and some shades of pink.

That's it for today. 
Thanks for looking!!

Marie-Pierre






3 comments:

Vero said...

Superbe!
J'aime beaucoup la broderie un peu partout sur ta page.

Anonymous said...

j'adore,la broderie, le layout, le glitter, c'est très doux, comme ta cocotte... BRavo Maya, ta maman attendais ce moment avec tellement d'impatience.

nice job, as always
love you
gen xxx

Marie said...

ça c'est que j'appelle une très très très belle page ! J'aime énormément le côté très girly sans pour autant faire too much !
Bisous